Are you a test engineer that focuses on quality and understands the importance of delivering defect-free web applications? Are you someone that takes pride in finding defects in applications? Do you have a knack for building automation into your testing process to streamline the test cycle? Are you someone who embraces and encourages agile software development?
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced test engineer to become a contributing scrum team member for a web application software development program. The test engineer will be part of a critical software development program that supports full lifecycle software development. Utilizing the agile software development methodology, the tester will be responsible for testing in all phases of the agile lifecycle. Specifically, the tester will be responsible for all quality and testing activities on the team to include writing test plans, creating test cases as necessary, demonstrating release capabilities to stakeholders and providing level of efforts to management. The tester will be responsible for reporting and tracking defects found during testing cycles and communicating test progress. The tester will be responsible for understanding and analyzing user stories, testing to acceptance criteria and ensuring the software implements functionality as specified by the stories.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
5 Years with Bachelors degree; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
9 Years with Bachelors degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Understand various test methodologies
• Experience in automated testing to include the design, development and debugging of the test
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to formulate and articulate an approach to solve problems
• Ability to work independently; is a self-starter
• TS/SCI/Poly clearance required
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Experience testing interfaces with other systems
• Some software development experience - e.g., scripting, coding
• Experience with Katalon or Selenium
• Demonstrated ability handling multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time
• Ability to provide leadership on assigned projects, Self-motivated
• Demonstrate ownership and accountability
• Ability to provide testing best practices to other team members
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779354Posted: 2020-06-04