Thirty years ago, the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber took flight, raising the bar not only for aviation but for the future of global power projection. Today, Northrop Grumman continues to raise the bar, achieving world firsts and outpacing our competition. Our employees have unparalleled opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space, impacting people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We want the best and the brightest talent, such as yourself, to join us in that journey. Help us promote and protect the freedom of people and democracies across the globe. Make the impossible possible with your bold new ideas, courage and pioneering spirit. Advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe as we shape the future around a world of cognitive diversity and intellectual curiosity. If you are the kind of person that strives to be at the leading edge, driving the future of technology, and shaping the course of history, then consider joining Northrop Grumman.
But don't just come to Northrop Grumman for the impactful, meaningful work-come here because we value our employees and treat them like family. Come here because our employees enjoy an unmatched work-life balance. Come here because it isn't just a job-it's your career, and we want to help you take it to the next level. Job Description
Northrop Grumman Aeronautical Systems in Redondo Beach, CA is currently seeking a Consulting Engineer to support the Research, Technology and Engineering (RT&E) group on multiple advanced research efforts. Candidate must be willing to travel to multiple customer, supplier and test sites on a regular basis.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Technical leadership of advanced mission systems (and supporting RF and IR sensors) supporting F2T2EA enhancements for future weapon systems. Introducing and developing new technologies and concepts for advanced mission system solutions.
- Principle investigator on multi-function mission systems sensor systems, coordinating with multiple sensor suppliers across the country.
- Coordination and decomposition of top-level mission system requirements (from the warfighter and customer community) to innovative advanced weapon system, and sensor system goals and requirements. Able to perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies.
- Must be able to lead a mission system sensor technical team from TRL2 (initial concept), TRL3 (Modeling and Simulation), TRL4&5 (Hardware demos), to TRL6 (Flight test demos) on an innovative mission system concept.
- Development of total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Technical project management and leadership for small teams of cross functional engineers developing advanced systems designs and concepts
- Support multiple aircraft Chief Engineers in the technical oversight of next generation mission systems. Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that robust and compliant designs are developed
- Development of proposals for technology and product development
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline with 20 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree with 18 years of experience; OR PhD with 15 years of experience
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Active and passive Radar functions and capabilities.
- Advanced RF radome and IR windows.
- Advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) systems (with advanced ESM / EA techniques)
- Advanced IR sensor systems
- RF / IR Signature and survivability both at the aircraft and sensor level
- Aircraft communication systems (LOS and BLOS)
- Effective project management skills, strong leadership qualities, and good communication
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SCI
- Proficient in advanced active and passive Radar functions and capabilities.
- Proficient in advanced RF radome and IR windows.
- Proficient in advanced Electronic Warfare (EW) systems (with advanced ESM / EA techniques).
- Proficient in advanced IR sensor systems.
- Proficient in RF / IR Signature and survivability both at the aircraft and sensor level
- Proficient in aircraft communication systems (LOS and BLOS)
- Experience in verification and validation at RCS test facilities, System Integration Labs (SIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) test sites.
- Experience in the manufacturing and supportability of the hardware sensor systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.