Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Field Engineering Organization is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for our Marine/Land Systems and Sensors division.
The engineer will support the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP) at the Baltimore campus and then potentially in San Diego and/or Crane, IN. This role involves working hands-on to provide engineering support to Northrop Grumman's customers as they execute their missions.
Candidates will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in STEM related field and 5 years of related experience; 3 years experience with a Masters'; 0 years experience with PhD.
- Matlab (MATE) experience
- Familiarity with AESAs and the integration of them to receivers/exciters and RF LRUs
- RF experience: knowledge of up/down conversin schemes, ability to integrate and troubleshoot RF paths, ability to understand RF chain analyses
- Lab/range environment experience
- Knowledge of test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, etc)
- Signal processing
- Electronic Attack technique knowledge
- SW config Mgmt experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779408Posted: 2020-05-21