At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced Master Scheduler at our offices in Promontory, UT.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Master Scheduler is responsible for developing schedules with integrated costs, technical requirements and schedule elements. Master Schedulers play a key role during proposal support for new business, and work closely with all functional organizations that support a program. Master Schedulers manage and maintain the resource planning (ERP) system for their programs, and regularly update status on key milestones and program schedule accomplishments.
• Prepare, issue, and control Integrated Master Schedule in accordance with program requirements
• Maintain schedule integrity including resolving logic conflicts
• Create and support top and mid-level schedules in support of new proposals
• Develop detailed resource loaded schedules with technical status criteria
• Advise management on status of work in progress
• Perform ERP transactions on sales orders, shipping, and ERP logic conflicts
• Focal point for coordination of new and revised IMS with all stakeholders
• Experienced and proficient in scheduling using Primavera, MS Project, or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining Integrated Master Schedules
• Familiarity with Program/Project Management
• Proficient using MS Office Suite
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning and ERP/MRP systems
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Experience working in Programs requiring Earned Value Management
Skills & Qualifications:
• BA/BS in Supply Chain Management or Production Management with 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance if needed
• Broad understanding of manufacturing and supply chain management
• Strong knowledge of scheduling standards and best practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with abilities to interface with multiple organizations at all levels
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779436Posted: 2020-05-21