At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Mission Assurance Engineer
to provide support to our Case Manufacturing Quality Team in our Clearfield, UT facility
. (Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance)Role description & Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Day-to-day activities will include side-by-side participation with operations, engineering, and inspection personnel to ensure high quality product and processes while removing non-value added waste.
- Candidate will work in an industrial environment and support solving engineering problems. Will effectively interact with Operations, Materials and Process experts, Process engineering, and Tool engineering to provide support across the Case COE.
- Provide and support nonconformance analysis for product and processes.
- Support material review board dispositions for product non-conformances.
- Lead and participate in non-conformance investigations to analyze and determine root cause, define corrective actions, preventative actions, and ensure corrective/preventive action implementation and effectiveness
- Coordinate, identify part non-conformance history, and communicate trends.
- Participate in program and quality assurance reviews.%5C
- Track and report monthly quality performance metrics
- Train or assist with training of new hires, and refresher training of current technicians
- Review aerospace drawings and specifications and have solid requirement interpretations
- Able to coordinate technical issues with various programs and customers.
- Able to work independently, be a self-starter, and capable of Multi-tasking
- Have strong problem solving skills and be a critical thinker,
- Have excellent computer, presentation, and communication skills.
- Focus on developing, establishing and maintaining Mission Assurance policies and procedures, processes and controls thereby ensuring both performance and quality of manufactured products conform to established company, international (AS9100), and governmental requirements, as well as lasting customer satisfaction. Ensure customer requirements are our first priority
- Understand the design intent, failure modes, requirements and specifications of the product as well as the manufacturing processes, process controls, statistics, SPC, as well as first article and quality inspections.
- Work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, statistical process control analyses and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements, meet specifications and improve processing.
- Conduct internal audits of processes and procedures and act as an escort for internal and external auditors
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience in the following areas required:
- Application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ANSI/AMSE Y14.5)
- Dimensional Inspection Techniques
- Root Cause Analysis
- Strong knowledge of MRB (Material Review Board) standards.
- Strong understanding of PES (Lean) principles with experience leading and implementing significant improvements such as mistake proofing
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Project Management Skills
- Customer coordination skills
- Highly self-motivated person, able to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements
- Start-up program knowledge and experience a plus
- Able to get things done through formal and informal channels
- BS degree - Classical Engineering Degree
- 2 years' experience with BS or 0 Years with MS
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated Customer Interface
Competencies for Success:
- Quality and Lean certifications
QCMR (Quality Control Material Review) authority or history of authority.
- Understanding of digital inspection techniques using Leica and Romer arm equipment
- Experience using and programming CMM's
- Computer Aided Design and Software - i.e. Verisurf, Cameo, CAD/CAM, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to deal effectively with stress and conflict
- High energy, results oriented, self-reliant, team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated work ethic
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779459Posted: 2020-05-21