At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Weapons / Systems Integration Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL at our Manned Aircraft Design COE.
The Weapons/ System Integration Engineer is expected to be a highly-motivated self-starter with an ability to operate effectively with a team of engineers and technicians. The successful candidate will possess a basic understanding of model based requirements and design and be able to create subsystem and software requirements. The candidate will become familiar with governing standards to include UAI Platform-Store ICD, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, AS5653, etc., and will prepare detailed requirements specifications, statements of work, test plans and procedures, certification plans and procedures, performance reports, etc., related to these governing standards. The candidate will be expected to learn all system requirements, develop statements of work, specifications and interface control documents, participate in related design reviews, and provide technical guidance to the cross-functional team. Candidate will also develop a working knowledge in DO-178C workflow and design criteria to include configuration management processes and design peer reviews. Essential Functions:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Daily activities include the definition, design, integration, and test of Universal Armament Interface (UAI) compliant MIL-STD-1760 Stores Management Systems (SMS), and Bomb Rack Assemblies (BRA).
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of electronics engineering experience OR Master's Degree a STEM discipline and 3 years of electronics engineering experience OR PhD
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S Government DoD Secret security clearance
- Must be capable of being cleared to special access programs
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, or Aerospace, Physics, Mathematics or related technical discipline preferred
- Microsoft Office and technical writing skills including proposals
- A current active in-scope DoD Secret or higher security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.