Northrop Grumman's Internal Audit department is seeking a qualified individual to join our diverse audit staff. The Auditor will report to the Manager of Internal Audit.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting program audits for domestic, international site locations, major program locations and subsidiaries.
- Scope of reviews may cover program related business functions such as program planning, scheduling and control functions, EAC maintenance, earned value, reserves assessment, contract requirements flowdown, supplier management, financial recording and management reporting.
- Other areas may be audited based on risk assessments performed during audit planning.
• Assisting with the development and execution of audits using a risk-based audit approach, including assessment of controls.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with auditees and affected management.
• Working closely with the sectors to identify Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that can be deployed on audit teams.
• Examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of control systems.
• Ensuring proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable company policies/procedures, related contracts/agreements, and applicable laws.
• Gather and analyze functional and financial data and validate performance against company/divisions/ subsidiaries objectives goals and reported results, compliance to policies, procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Assist with the testing of the enterprise-wide and sector specific Sarbanes-Oxley controls to support management's assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Incorporate data analytics to identify issues, automate work, improve efficiency and effectiveness and identify risk areas.
• Assisting with the review of reports and supporting work papers for quality, relevance, completeness, accuracy, and compliance with department objectives.
• Review quality metrics and assess the adequacy of root cause corrective actions.
• Preparing presentations covering the various phases of the audit cycle and presenting those materials to Sector staff, Sector management and IA management.
• Assisting in the evaluation of the potential effects on the company and our internal audit approach of all newly established and/or potential business and regulatory requirements changes implemented by the Company and/or any other financial regulatory entities.
• Ability to work on other types of audits across the company covering various functional topics and processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, or related field with 6 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree with 4 year of relevant work experience.
• Aerospace and Defense Industry / Government Contracting experience.
• Working knowledge of data gathering analytical tools (SAP, BW, MS Office (Excel, Access), ACL) to pull data from ERP systems and analyze and interpret a wide variety of data/information to identify trends, positive and negative correlations, form valid conclusions and present data to best highlight relevant points.
• Experience in performing multiple projects concurrently and leading a highly engaged team with remotely located team members.
• Strong leadership and communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interact with and present to executive level management.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET Clearance.
• Ability to travel up 25% of the time.
• Master's degree in related field.
• Top Secret, TS SCI, or TS SAP Access.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Project Management Professional (PMP), or other similar certification.
• PP&C experience in the support of program EACs, financial reporting, planning and controls and other program reporting related functions.
• Experiences with earned value, reserves assessment, contract requirements flowdown, supplier management, and management reporting.
• Experience working with DCAA and DCMA (including reporting and successful remediation of CARS and ICARS).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.