Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experience Supplier Quality Engineer who can lead Quality activities at our PCB, PCBA and Electrical/Electronic components suppliers. The position will report into our Quality Organization located within our Plymouth, Minnesota facility.
• Will be responsible for PCB, PCBA and Electrical/Electronic components commodity
• Leads audits, continuous improvement activities and periodic performance reviews at PCB, PCBA and Electrical/Electronic component suppliers
• Provides analysis in support of supplier quality activities.
• Provides internal and external QMS compliance audit support
• Analyze overall supplier quality performance information to identify risks and trends.
• Develops and implements supplier quality evaluation and control systems.
• Assures supplier process and product quality, including contractual, regulatory, and technical compliance.
• Interfaces directly with supplier personnel and must be knowledgeable in and capable of assessing both supplier quality and manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Conducts product and process verification activities, monitors supplier quality performance, and drives root cause corrective action analysis for supplier quality issues.
• Supports the maintenance of the approved supplier list and periodically reviews supplier performance to determine whether suppliers should remain on the approved list.
• Coordinates supplier requests for waivers, deviations and discrepancy reporting process.
• Keeps management apprised of supplier performance, quality status, and risks.
• Coordinates and oversees Supplier Quality plan implementation through all program phases.
• Actively engages in supplier evaluation, qualification and selection as part of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and as new procurements are required on existing programs.
• Manages implementation of Supplier Quality processes, including supplier approval activities, source selection evaluations, supplier classification designation (Critical, Key and Standard), development and execution of supplier quality risk assessments and mitigation plans.
•5 Years of quality experience with Bachelors degree in Engineering; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
•Prefer degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
•Experience with PCB, PCBA and Electrical/Electronic components
•Command knowledge of IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-600 Standards and obtain level 2 certification.
•Excellent command of the 8D process for effective root cause determination and corrective actions
•Strong interpersonal and communications skills, presentation skills and an excellent statistical analysis ability
•Excellent people skills to work with internal customers and suppliers to achieve quality improvement activities
•Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9100 Quality Management Systems.
•High Energy, results oriented, self-motivated/self-reliant, team player
•Solid Understanding of Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA).
•Computer and software expertise specifically MS Office products; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
•Six Sigma Green or Black belt formal certification
•Good understanding of the Six Sigma concept.
•ASQ Quality Engineer Certification (CQE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779569Posted: 2020-05-21