Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO. What You'll get to Do:
This position is contingent upon program awardQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and Requirement engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of software.
- Education/Experience Principal Software Engineer: 5 Years with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 7 years with an Associates; 9 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain an TS/SCI
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Agile development and testing environment
- Familiarity with software development testing methodologies
- Missile warning or Missile Defense experience
- Self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment
What We Can Offer You:
- Active DoD TS/SCI Secret security clearance
- STEM Degree with relevant years of experience
- Interest in SW architecture
- C++ and Java experience
- Numerical Methods
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.