Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate with demonstrated leadership skills to manage a Power Supply design group within the Hardware Engineering organization. Emphasis is placed on leading a team of hardware
engineers that support development and production programs, as well as, new business pursuits to ensure quality engineering solutions.
Our engineering work includes full life-cycle programs including system design, development, system integration, hands on test, training, and production. The candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He /she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals.
The candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of
engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
This position is located in Baltimore, MD. This position will report to the department manager of the Power Conversion Technology department within Hardware Engineering. Minimal travel is expected.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General team supervision, performance management, career development, staffing, merit planning, engagement, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues
- Project planning
- Strategic hiring and employee skills development, labor forecasting and execution through close collaboration with program management, and balancing employee needs with business goals
- Manpower and resource assignment
- Technical risk assessment and mitigation
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Analysis of design tools, processes, and technologies needed to support strategic product plans
- Maintain and ensure application of design processes and guidelines used by the department
- Develop proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Lead or support department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and NCTA project leadership
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 8 years of related engineering experience including 6 years hardware engineering experience
- Experience with Power conversion and/or power systems
- Able to work well within a team environment and adapt quickly to change
- Demonstrated technical and people leadership of diverse and inclusive teams
- Time management skills and a proven ability to follow through with commitments
- Strong written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Experience with program management, functional management, and/or customer management
- Experience with power hardware design and test
- Experience with business development activities
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.