Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman's Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD).
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Military and Civil Space Engineer
. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Azusa, CA
The qualified candidate will become part of the Northrop Grumman's Military and Civil Space Engineering organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for research and/or product development in more than one engineering discipline.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform professional tasks.
- Develop recommended solutions to technical problems as assigned.
- Contribute to the completion of assigned technical tasks.
- Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format.
- Prepare prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Have contact with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the section or group.
*Be completing or has completed their PhD degree from an accredited institution or be completing or has completed their Master's degree from an accredited institution and has 3 years of engineering experience
* Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline.
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
* Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite). Preferred Qualifications:
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher.
* Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
* Recent relevant experience from coursework in Digital/RF/Analog design, communication system theory, FPGA/Microcontroller design, and power electronics/power conversion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.