At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Special Test Equipment Engineering (STEE) department is seeking a Senior Principal Computer Systems Architect to support engineering systems in the program and factory areas at the Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. The selected candidate will support multiple engineering areas operating systems and applications into their test systems and operational products.
The selected candidate will assist in the development of the network layout and implement equipment installation plans based on the requirements. This person will maintain each component of the network and troubleshoot issues. The selected candidate will be responsible for setup and monitoring of the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all Internet security software is updated regularly and follow all Cybersecurity guidelines based on program requirements. They also would be expected to help out in operating system administration such as LINUX and VMware. This position offers great growth potential technically and program wise.
Other responsibilities include working with vendors to determine the best solution and evaluate data throughput through the system.
The applicant will be expected to support a variety of diverse, dynamic environments. On call, 24/7 pager support during critical phases of testing, contingency operations and off-site as required. Job also requires candidate to be able to perform racking and cabling systems, preferably in an engineering or production environment.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 9 years of Computer System experience with a STEM Bachelor's degree; or 7 years of Computer System experience with a STEM Master's Degree; or 4 years of Computer System experience with a STEM PhD degree; an additional 4+ years of Computer System experience applicable in lieu of a STEM Bachelor's degree
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years Preferred Qualifications:
- 7+ years' experience in managing sophisticated computer networks
- 5+ years' experience in network architecture and deployment
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate
- CompTIA networking certifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.