Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to put your years of experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to join our growing team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
You will become part of Northrop Grumman's Sustaining Engineering & Solutions (SE&S) team. SE&S provides sustainment support for the US Air Force B-2 Bomber, E-3 Sentry, Airborne Warning and Control System, and numerous other Government platforms. Our team members complete engineering, reverse engineering and logistics solution efforts to solve complex obsolescence problems and ensure warfighter supportability.
You will support the Lead Engineer in execution of various program activities, to include design and development of communication, navigation, radar, avionics, power and/or electrical systems architecture, components, circuits, and products or aircraft maintenance. The position will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and products for defense or commercial systems.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Conducts network or software vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques.
• Perform vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems or networks.
• Identifies intrusion or incident path and method.
• Evaluates system security configurations.
• Evaluates findings and performs root cause analysis.
• Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned
• Performs analysis of complex software systems to determine both functionality and intent of software systems.
• Resolves highly complex malware and intrusion issues.
• Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
• Prepare and presents technical reports and briefings.
• Performs documentation, vetting and weaponization of identified vulnerabilities for operational use.
1. Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; a Master's degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
2. Experience in cyber threat analysis, vulnerabilities and threat mitigation
3. Experience in aircraft flight and mission systems
4. Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
5. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work on-site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1. A current DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher).
2. Experience in military, government, commercial aerospace industry (e.g. aviation/equipment maintenance, aircraft operations, or commercial industrial technology companies)
3. Experience in cyber threat analysis, vulnerabilities, and threat mitigation.
4. Experience reviewing and developing cyber threat indicators and drafting threat warnings/briefings.
5. Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.