At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector has an opening for a Systems Engineer - Reliability to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Perform various reliability related tasks including: providing reliability support to the design team through the performance of design tradeoffs, reliability failure rate/MTBF predictions, de-rating analysis, allocation of reliability requirements, performing failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) and identify fault modes and responses, identify critical items and document controls, and support to design reviews.
Develop technical solutions to potential reliability and availability problems.
Adapt probability and statistical tools to solve problems involving non-standard configurations and definitions of system success.
Utilize industry tools used to conduct Reliability analysis.
Prepare and present briefings to senior leadership and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2+ years of experience in engineering, reliability, probability, statistics or electrical engineering OR
- Master's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years OR
- Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
Candidate must also have:
- An understanding of how a unit functions independently as well as interact with other units.
- Experience with modeling and simulations, and software analysis tools used in Reliability analysis.
- Ability to perform various reliability engineering related tasks, such as reliability failure rate/MTBF predictions and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for identifying fault modes and responses
- Familiarity with functional block diagrams, reliability block diagrams, and ability to interpret schematics.
- Must be an advanced user in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of technical principles, theories, subsystem design, and knowledge of general satellite design
- Combining hands-on Reliability Analysis and modeling skills for satellite, directed energy hardware and systems
- PM&P and Electronics Design experience or exposure
- SSBI or SCI Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.