At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a talented, self-motivated Associate Systems Engineer
to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused hardware/software development project working with a team of qualified, diverse individuals based in Melbourne, FL.Essential Functions:
The successful candidate will be able to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Assist in the tracking and completion of component qualification for Cockpit Systems aircraft components. This includes organizing, tracking, and updating of completion status for environmental requirements compliance.
- Assist in the tracking of supplier Statements of Work (SOW) and organization of incoming of test results related to the qualification with Responsible Engineer (RE) senior level guidance.
- The candidate will possess organized, logical thought process skills, exhibit a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to acquire and retain the requisite training for management of the qualification status.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Project and Excel to some level is desired. The position will include on the job training and guidance will be provided as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Active DoD Secret security clearance (investigation updated within last 5 years).
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain specific program access (contingency).
- Academic or work-related experience with component testing and qualification.
- Academic or work-related experience with Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Academic or work-related experience in applying engineering disciplines to real world activities/systems.
- Academic or work-related experience with full life-cycle hardware/software development projects.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well individually or within a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779790Posted: 2020-05-21