Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services, Mission Assurance organization is seeking a talented Principle Engineer Mission Assurance to join our team. This position may work remotely with occasional travel to events and meetings.
The selected individual will define and monitor mission assurance service line specifications and processes to ensure mission success of service lines. He/she performs and/or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of service line achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses service line performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
The incumbent will provide Mission Assurance consultation and guidance to service line management and systems engineering to select the best-fit methodology for each service line, identify service line risks, tailor process requirements, and share best practices. The candidate will participate / lead mission assurance assessments on the following areas with-in Enterprise Services: project management, supplier quality, and service management. Escalates critical and/or recurring issues to appropriate levels of management.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Ensure that all corrective measures are performed on-time and meet minimum requirements.
• Understand the requirements of a company policy, standard or process, and determine how best to apply it to a project, service, or quality and/or compliance review and recognize when requirements are not being satisfactorily met and have the courage to challenge.
• Audit systems for deficiency identification and correction.
• Analyzes metrics, customer, and employee feedback to assess performance, risks, and lead efforts to ensure mission success
• Certify that Agile, Lean, and Six-Sigma methodologies are being practiced
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related discipline and 5 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in Software and IT Infrastructure Quality Assurance
• Demonstrated organizational, facilitation and leadership skills
• Knowledge of Project Management life-cycle principles
• Leading independent reviews/root cause analysis
• Six Sigma Trained
• Experience with creating and maintaining process owner documents (plans, procedures, work instructions, training bulletins, templates, workflows, etc.)
• Strong virtual communication skills
• Experience in project management, quality assurance, service management, supplier assurance, risk management, metrics development, data analytics, and process improvement
• Experience with the Agile framework
• ITIL Certification
• Basis of estimate for Mission Assurance function
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.