At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Propulsion Systems
is currently seeking two Manufacturing Technicians level 2 to assist our Nozzle Value Stream
organization in the Tooling and Machining group at our Promontory
facilities. Role description & Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Technician performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing rocket motor components. Tasks may include but are not limited to tooling assembly/disassembly, operating equipment, component surface preparation including anodizing, contamination removal and deburring, drilling, assembly, maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, and cost and schedule performance of their team. Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Metal surface finishing hands on experience
- Safe handling of hazardous materials
- Operation of industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools
- Must be willing to perform shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
- Able to pass a respirator FIT test
- Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.)
- Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
- Perform basic math and measurement functions
- Read and interpret blueprints
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.