At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Ground Systems Development Department (part of NG Space Systems Sector) in Manhattan Beach, CA is seeking a talented Principal Electrical Engineer to develop, test, and integrate complex ground based electronic test systems and electronic hardware units which support spacecraft flight programs. This individual would act as a responsible design engineer (RDE) of hardware on our program.
The candidate would be responsible for electronic hardware development including: architecture design, detailed design, performing customer briefings/reviews, hardware test, site integration, and post-delivery support. Primary deliverables are flight electronics test systems and satellite system operational ground based hardware.
The candidate will work closely with other engineering functions in a team environment, including: Flight Engineering, Systems Engineering, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Production, Procurement, and Program Management to meet schedule and technical requirements.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience with design, integration, and test of at least one or more of the following:
- Digital, Analog, or RF circuits
- Electronic drawers/units
- Test fixtures
- Electronic test systems
- Test Set Rack development
- Small to large electronic systems.
- Space Vehicle Payload or Bus test suites, and/or Operational Ground systems
Some responsibilities include performing:
- PCB/CCA design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic unit design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Test System (Test Set) design, development, test, and post-delivery support
- Space Vehicle (SV) payload and bus electronics test set development and SV testing
- Developing and present design reviews for internal and external customers
- Developing final performance data packages
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other related STEM degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of experience in an Engineering Environment; OR, a minimum of 3 years of experience with a STEM Master's degree; OR, 0 years of experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- Design and test experience in electronics technology
- Active DOD, SCI, or SSBI clearance
- Design and test experience in more than one: Digital/Analog/RF technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.