At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Associate Radiation Effects Engineer to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Associate Radiation Effects Engineer researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems that are used in space and defense applications. This Engineer must possess experience with at least 2 of the following: circuit design/simulation, part evaluations, parameter degradation, single event effects, single event upset, single event transients, meteoroid/orbital debris, electron/proton/x-ray transport, nuclear hardening and SGEMP design and analysis, Monte Carlo modeling, atomic oxygen calculations, dose-depth curves, displacement damage-depth curves, dose mapping, radiation testing, radiation exposure, parameter degradation, parametric measurements, software development, and design review presentation/preparation.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Radiation effects analysis
- Shielding analysis
- Survivability analysis
- Radiation analysis reporting
- Simulation of electronic components relative to space radiation effects
- Nuclear hardening and SGEMP design and analysis
- Electron/proton/x - ray transport
- Single event effects, upset, and transients
- Bachelor's Science in Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Physics or closely related discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret, and SCI clearance
- Previous work experience in Radiation Effects Engineering, demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.