At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Group is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Florida Operations team in our Kennedy Space Center, FL offices. Role description & Responsibilities:
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for creating planning to execute integrated electrical and fluids testing of avionics and Thrust Vector Control subsystems on the NASA SLS Solid Rocket Booster. The successful candidate will take engineering requirements from drawings and specifications as well as legacy processing instructions and create plans in an electronic shop floor system. The successful candidate will be part of a test team that will execute the written plans for Booster checkout of avionics and flight controls subsystem. Job Duties:
Qualifications :Experience Preferred:
- Create electronic shop floor instructions for flight hardware processing
- Test engineer for hazardous operations that test the Booster Thrust Vector Control system
- Test engineer for avionics testing of the Booster ordnance system
- Generation of troubleshooting procedures for electrical components.
- Perform data analysis of launch vehicle 1553 data bus measurement
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable of SRB hardware processing a plus.
- Broad understanding of Aerospace avionics and controls systems.
- Strong skills in working with teams on government contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with MatLab a plus.
- Experience in a lab environment working with electrical test equipment.
- BS degree - Classical Engineering Degree (Electrical or Aerospace is preferred) with a required 2 years' experience, or MS degree with 0 years of experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.