At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation and deliver measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Operations and Maintenance Project Manager to provide leadership of a large multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor team on a significant and strategic program. As the O&M Manager you will be responsible for sustainment of real-time large-scale automatic and interactive processing and information management systems at multiple sites, including international. You will leverage our unsurpassed mission domain knowledge and site expertise to perfect existing capabilities, deliver new mission enhancements, and ensure we sustain high operational availability of multiple complex baselines. Moreover, you will partner with the Customer, Users and the Program to leverage new software build pipeline tools and Agile/DevSecOps processes to improve our ability to provide timely responses to mission needs. This position is located in Aurora, Colorado and will functionally report to the Integrated National Systems Business Unit SEIT Manager within the Payload and Ground Systems Division. Your primary project assignment manager will be the Operating Unit Director and you will work in coordination with the Program and SEIT Directors to achieve all program objectives. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Cultivate strong relationships with the USG customer to establish O&M priorities and provide status for all actions, questions, and approvals related to O&M baselines and projects in flight and in test
- Manage and direct all areas of the O&M project within the larger program, including coordination with the Program Director, other Project Managers, and Engineering discipline managers for shared program resources consistent with O&M and Development priorities
- Direct planning, execution and monitoring of the cost, schedule and technical baseline for the O&M Project and lead intervention and problem solving strategies with other project managers, discipline managers, and customers
- Provide leadership to leverage modern software pipeline tools and Agile/DevSecOps principles for O&M builds and deliveries. Partner with the OU and Program Directors to use these new processes to facilitate cultural change and drive improvements in quality and responsiveness to mission needs
- Support identification, coordination, development and delivery of mission enhancing changes to the operational baseline with the customer, NG leadership, and other stakeholders
- Ensure implementation of a robust operational baseline control process to maintain positive baseline integrity and high availability
- Coordinate timely responses by qualified personnel to quickly recover from operational issues, including arrangement of 24/7 call-in support. Ensure timely notification of appropriate customer and NG leadership.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, ECPs, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and coordinate operating budgets supporting O&M
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative working relationships with user/site stakeholders to coordinate smooth installations and operational baseline transitions, support sustaining system maintenance, and facilitate receipt of mission improving feedback
- Identify and execute work-off plans with the Government for all critical discrepancies and proactively manage risks and opportunities related to the operational systems
- Develop and implement effective and tailored communication strategies for all O&M stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of relevant program, operations and leadership experience; 8 years with a Masters; 5 years with a PhD
- Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a collaborative management style, and a focused drive to deliver on commitments
- Experience leading software and/or operations teams
- Ability to manage cost and schedule consistent with program budgets and established priorities
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance w/polygraph
- Direct experience and established relationships with relevant customers and stakeholders
- Familiarity with Agile/DevSecOps processes/tools and virtualized, cloud-based architectures
- Proven ability to effectively work across multiple contractor and customer organizations to form engaged teams, make decisions, and execute against challenging objectives
- Hands on management and leadership experience within a matrix engineering organization.
- Ability to use EVMS to manage cost, schedule, and performance
- Operational site experience and NSIS familiarity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.