At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal or Sr. Principal Systems Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Participate in program technical planning.
• Perform technical assessment of customer needs/requirements during proposal phase.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements/needs into verifiable hardware and software
• Plan and execute system integration, verification and validation as part of a cross functional team.
• Participate as a team member to drive issues to root cause and enact corrective design actions.
• Prepare and present technical data to management and customers.
• Organize and participate in system verification activities.
*This requisition may be filled at a higher level based on the following qualifications*
• BS degree in Systems Engineering or STEM related field with 5 years of experience; MS degree in Systems Engineering
or STEM related field with 3 years of experience; PhD with 0 years of experience.
• BS degree in Systems Engineering or STEM related field with 9 years of experience; Master degree in Systems Engineering or STEM related field with 7 years of experience; PhD with 4 years of experience.
• Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE)/Simulation experience is required.
• Experienced in control systems theory and application to systems.
• Demonstrated expertise within Systems Engineering to include but not limited to requirements analysis, requirements
allocation, requirements decomposition, requirements development and verification & validation.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to include mentorship of junior engineers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills is expected.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• Experienced in Guidance Navigation and Control systems including Inertial, GPS and Embedded GPS & Inertial (EGI) systems desired.
• Experience with MathCad and Matlab/Simulink.
• Familiarity with the DOORS Requirements management tool.
• Experience with DO178 & DO254 desired.
• Familiarity with Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) are pluses.
• Master's or Doctorate degree is desired.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.