At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.Northrop Grumman
Space Systems is currently looking for a Facilities Structural Engineer
to work in our Promontory, UT location.Job Summary including Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Position Requirements:
- Perform calculations required for the sizing and arrangement of structural members.
- Develop details for structural elements, building structures, platforms, equipment supports, and pipe bridges.
- Analyzing, designing, and detailing structural elements of steel masonry and concrete buildings.
- Performing engineering calculations.
- Review architectural systems designs for their inter-relationship with structural elements.
- Perform code analysis to ensure compliance with appropriate model codes. (State building codes, NFPA, IBC etc...)
- Perform field inspections to determine accurate existing conditions.
- Perform field surveying
- BS Degree, Structural/Civil Engineering 5 years of experience in Structural Engineering and Design or 3 years with a M.S.
- Microsoft Office
- MathCAD experience preferred
- EIT Certification required; PE preferred
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780187Posted: 2020-05-21