At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future while having a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems has an opening for a Principal Commodity Engineer - Electronics
to join our Commodity Engineering Team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Commodity Engineering Team (CET) is responsible for supply base management related to the acquisition of Space Electronic, Electrical and Electromechanical (EEE) hardware. This high visibility position requires a motivated, self-starter with an engineering and component background with excellent interpersonal skills to respond to program customer product needs and concerns. The candidate will require technical understanding of one or more of the following areas: Hi-Rel EEE components, Printed Wire Board (PWB) fabrication processes, connectors, harnesses and associated fabrication processes, electronic subsystem assembly integration & test and failure analysis techniques. Candidate will be expected to work effectively with Programs, Materials & Processes (M&P) and other Engineering organizations to resolve supplier technical topics in support of Global Supply Chain.
Responsibilities include performing producibility reviews, technical evaluations of supplier proposals and leading internal processes associated with program part/product selection, qualification and approval. CET is also responsible for supplier capability and capacity approvals, management of work transfers and stand up of suppliers, as well as hardware failure analysis and investigations. Candidate is expected to have the ability to work both independently and within a team demonstrating the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of program customers and functional organization leadership.
Travel required up to 25%. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical) field with 5 years of experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing role (9 years of experience total in lieu of a degree); OR 3 years with a Masters Degree in STEM; OR a PhD.
- Demonstrated experience with formulating technical solutions to electronic part, assembly, and process engineering challenges
- Demonstrated experience with interpretation of engineering specifications, schematics and drawings into manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated experience using SAP, Windows software packages, and other electronic databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret and SCI clearance
- Electronic Component/Commodity Engineering experience
- Experience with fabrication techniques for Printed Wiring Boards, high reliability connectors, harnesses or electronic assemblies
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 requirements
- Active DoD Secret, Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.