The individual in this role will develop/lead a strong 10+ person team to assess threat-modeling gaps and develop/enhance NG threat models for assets valuing > $1.5B. Candidate will develop operational and mission-effectiveness analysis across numerous operational environments, systems and architectures (aircraft, ships, spacecraft, etc.).
The Consulting Systems Engineer will lead a team to develop, integrate, and employ advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Comprehends NGAS needs for full threat database development and has intimate knowledge of advanced integration of all pertinent database pipelines. This role includes responsibility for the development of new and existing system of system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models. This person will also correlate real-time operations while leading a team to develop new software to simulate system behaviors. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Utilize strong project management and team development skills and experience operating in complex environments.
- Assess and validate a team building threat models, modeling tools/toolkits, transferring database information across multiple analytical platforms, and repurposing intelligence databases/portfolios into useful operational analysis systems currently used in advanced systems analysis and simulations.
- Lead communication across engineering disciplines/technology areas to integrate capabilities, communicate technical competencies and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 20 years (18 years with a Masters, 15 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have a strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression.
- Must have MATLAB fluency, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming.
- Must have an ability to read C++ code.
- Must have knowledge of radar fundamentals.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.