Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work than the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Working in Northrop Grumman means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking an Assembler 1
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Charlottesville, Virginia
The team member will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Job Duties:
- Lays out and assembles units for production according to designs and specifications
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties
- At all times, promotes the company's products and services through customer relationships
- Will adhere to Company's Safety and quality policies and Employee "Code of Conduct"
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- A High School diploma
- Prior experience working on varied standardized tasks with general supervision
- The ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time and work multiple shifts
- A U.S. Citizenship
- Work experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing, including wire harness fabrication and printed circuit board assembly
- Ability to move objects from one location to another, lifting up to 30 pounds
- IPC-610/620 Workmanship Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.