Thirty years ago, the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber took flight, raising the bar not only for aviation but for the future of global power projection. Today, Northrop Grumman continues to raise the bar, achieving world firsts and outpacing our competition. Our employees have unparalleled opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space, impacting people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We want the best and the brightest talent, such as yourself, to join us in that journey. Help us promote and protect the freedom of people and democracies across the globe. Make the impossible possible with your bold new ideas, courage and pioneering spirit. Advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe as we shape the future around a world of cognitive diversity and intellectual curiosity. If you are the kind of person that strives to be at the tip of the spear, driving the future of technology, and shaping the course of history, then consider joining Northrop Grumman.
But don't just come to Northrop Grumman for the impactful, meaningful work-come here because we value our employees and treat them like family. Come here because our employees enjoy an unmatched work-life balance. Come here because it isn't just a job-it's your career, and we want to help you take it to the next level.
Our Survivability and Systems Engineering department is seeking a highly skilled, experienced and motivated individual to perform System Engineering duties on advanced weapons initiatives within the Kinetic Energy Weapons (KEW), Advanced Programs organization. This position reports to the director and the selected candidate shall perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include- concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Responsibilities also include ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints, performance of functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
We are also looking for a candidate to perform Program Integration lead duties on advanced weapons initiatives within the Kinetic Energy Weapons (KEW), Advanced Programs organization. The successful program integration candidate will develop and maintain program operational processes, use project management tools to effectively integrate the project, and integrate requirements vertically and horizontally across the project to ensure successful execution.
Additionally this person will be asked to brief senior leadership and customers on project performance, manage project risk register, lead proposal activities for new projects, and develop solutions to execution problems that align with project objectives Qualifications :
- ABET accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline with 9 years of relevant experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of experience; or a PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in systems engineering;
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading teams in the definition and execution of air vehicle design functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition;
- Expertise in SE tools and methods;
- Experience with responsibility for the planning and execution of staffing;
- Must have a current active DoD Secret Clearance;
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- ABET accredited Master of Science Degree in STEM discipline;
- Current active Special Program Access;
- Current active DoD Top Secret Clearance;
- Experience with weapon system requirement development, including launch platform and submunition interfaces.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.