At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
The Northrop Grumman Military and Civil Space Engineering and Manufacturing organization has an opportunity for a Manager 2 Pathways Functional Manager. Pathways is a department of entry level employees who are provided rotational opportunities across various programs at the Azusa campus. This position leads functional management of three sections totaling approximately 40 engineers of diverse disciplines. This position will also have an expanded responsibility of serving as the Azusa point of contact with University Relations and Recruiting to support college hiring activities. The candidate will be required to integrate input from all internal engineering and manufacturing departments and program leadership to develop rotational assignments and opportunities for the Pathways team members.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Field with 5 years of experience in Space and/or Defense industry; OR Master's Degree in a STEM field with 3 years of experience in Space and/or Defense industry
- 5 or more years of engineering experience in the payload design of electro-optical and Infrared (EO/IR) payload systems
- 5 or more years of technical payload design, data analysis, products, or test experience in Systems, Hardware, Software, or Test Engineering
- Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret Clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required)
- Master's degree in a STEM field
- Knowledge of and experience with the Military and Civil Space business area and Azusa programs
- Proven ability to lead and influence a high performance team
- Proven ability to inspire and guide junior engineers as well as partner with program leads for rotational assignments
- Proven effective communication skills across all levels of the organization
- 10 years of related space and defense industry experience
- 5 or more years of functional leadership (including college recruiting, active career development, and performance evaluation and guidance)
- Active & Current DoD secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.