Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a talented, self-motivated System Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused hardware/software development project working with a team of qualified, diverse individuals based in Melbourne, FL. The selected candidate will support development and integration of common software to multiple Northrop Grumman developed products. Tasks will include functional analysis, interface analysis, documentation development, system/software modeling, and requirement verification. The ideal candidate will also be involved with integration, and test support activities.
The successful candidate will be able to perform requirements development, subsystem architecture modeling, software requirement verification and effectiveness analyses for multiple subsystems. The successful candidate also ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The candidate will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications and solutions. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of system engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Ability to acquire and maintain DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to acquire and maintain special program access
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Academic or work-related experience with interface control documents.
- Academic or work-related experience in applying engineering disciplines to real world activities/systems.
- Academic or work-related experience with full life-cycle hardware/software development projects.
- Academic or work-related experience with system modeling and related tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Academic or work-related experience with requirements development and decomposition from customer needs
- Experience with agile development principles and applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780434Posted: 2020-05-21