At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer based out of Bellevue, NE. What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman's Software Engineers work in teams to design, develop, document, test, and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. As a key member of the team working in a fast-paced environment, you will use Agile methodology and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) design patterns. We encourage innovation and forward thinking and expect our developers to take a high level of ownership through the software life cycle.
In this role, you will be responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
• Understand SOA concepts and patterns
• Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
• Research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
• Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
• Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
• Works well in a team environment
#LI-S-70 Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and 2+ years of software engineer; 0 years with a Masters
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance is required to start
- Formal agile process experience
- Intermediate software analysis and design experience
What We Can Offer You:
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system/GIT, and Maven
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.