Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager 1 to support the finishing, painting and mechanical manufacturing area. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland
The General Manufacturing Manager 1 is responsible for the direct supervision of employees and processes in a manufacturing environment. The Manager provides direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies. Overall responsibilities include: driving employee efficiency, meeting product cost and schedule targets, managing the area to produce quality products, and engaging employees to achieve their highest potential.
This Manager will be responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 20 - 25 represented (union) employees.
The Manager is expected to work independently across organizations; manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets; assign and manage Operator and/or Test technicians to maximize efficiency and achieve target productive yields; implement our process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule; and perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage Operator and/or Test Technicians. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- The person selected for this position will be required to have experience in a variety of finishing, painting and assembly processes along with knowledge of the safety requirements of these processes.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience or 7 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 2 years of manufacturing, production, or engineering experience
- Experience with manufacturing and production concepts
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or other STEM area
- Previous project or personnel management experience
- 5 or more years of manufacturing experience
- Prior experience working in a represented (union) environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780569Posted: 2020-05-21