Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer/Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Support Equipment (SE) engineering utilizes a Systems Engineering approach to establish SE functional and performance requirements. SE engineering is involved in all phases of research and product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early air vehicle design influence, design and development of the SE item, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware.
The candidate will have demonstrated a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques and apply them to develop recommended solutions to complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The candidate will be responsible for their projects, preparing reports, and briefing leadership. Frequent inter-organization and outside customer communication is required and the candidate represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Must be possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This job can be filled at either a level 3 or level 4
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- For The Prinicipal Electrical Engineer: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical engineering, OR a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 5 years of engineering experience; OR Masters of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 3 years of engineering experience.; OR 0 years of engineering experience with a PhD in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field.
- For The Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical engineering, OR a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 9 years of engineering experience; OR Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 7 years of engineering experience.; OR 4 years of engineering experience with a PhD in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field.
- Active in scope Secret clearance
- Proficient with 3D design/2D drawing CAD utilitizing CATIA or NX
- Experience establishing product requirments, design of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrial equipment
- Experience with PDM or Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance, SE, and flight line operations
- Knowledge in the development of SE design solutions
- ANSI/ASME Y 14.5 GD&T
- Earned Value Management System(EVMS)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.