Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be responsible for the management of a wide range of fairly complex contractual and business issues associated with the execution of various types of Subcontracts. The person would need to coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users, exercise sound business judgment and work well in a team environment.
Responsibilities will encompass the full range of the subcontract acquisition and execution processes including but not limited to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Developing subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Preparing bid packages, conducting bidders conferences, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating subcontract provisions, selecting or recommending subcontractors, writing awards, and administering resulting subcontracts
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Negotiating and coordinating additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Participating with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 10 years of progressive subcontracts /procurement experience -OR- Masters with a minimum 8 years of equivalent experience.
- Understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations is essential
- The ability to collaborate with program management and other multi-functional teams. Must be able to work well in team environments as well as display strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a general knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be capable of working in a fast paced environment and apply sound judgment to problem solving
- US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Special Access security clearance
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with SAP Procurement & Accounting System
- Active Secret clearance with SSBI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780745Posted: 2020-05-21