At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Plumber or Pipefitter
to provide technical support to our Promontory Maintenance
team at our Promontory facilities.Role description & Responsibilities:
This Maintenance Crafts position performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, as well as new construction on plant facilities, and equipment. While this position will have an emphasis on installation and maintenance of existing and new equipment and tooling, the candidate will also be expected to perform other mechanical skills to maintain and repair industrial plant processing equipment such as, pumps, centrifuges, hydraulics systems, Victaulic, stainless tubing, and CPVC pipe installation. Candidates with experience in other mechanical disciplines are preferred. 12 hour rotating shift and overtime are required, and the successful candidate must pass a background check for the Federal Safe Explosives Act (SEA). Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- 4 plus years, recent, work experience in the pipefitter, plumber or millwright fields.
- Knowledge and experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge and experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing precision tooling and processing equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with high pressure steam and condensate.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Safety First attitude and personal work behavior
- Actively engage in maintenance continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates initiative and ambition to become proficient in all job duties
- Able to work to performance standards with little or no supervision
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass Employee Possessor background check
* Position subject change to a 12 Hour rotating shift.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.