At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Principal Software Safety Engineer to support the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) team at the Launch Vehicles business in Chandler, AZ.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Review and analyze systems, platforms, applications, and their interfaces to quickly acquire the system knowledge to understand the design and functionality.
- Identify the software portions of systems for safety and mission critical functionality.
- Identify and define requirements, design, and test procedures that will ensure the system will perform as expected.
- Perform detailed evaluation of software systems to verify that the software requirements are correctly implemented in the design and code and that the resulting code does not contain embedded safety hazards.
- Document analysis performed.
- Presenting findings to peers, customers, and management.
- The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities
- Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected
- The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills.
* Some travel may be required to support customer milestone meetings and perform testing and safety analyses
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or related Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of software architecture, design or development experience.
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Demonstrate that you can perform analysis activities including problem solving and identifying potential types of anomalies associated with software systems.
- Ability to evaluate complex systems and identify problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required to communicate with all levels from internal employees to customers.
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with embedded real time software.
- Ideal candidate would have formal training or experience in one or more of the following subjects:
- Experience with UML / SysML as applied to software architecture, design or development.
- Previous experience supporting Department of Defense (DoD) platforms or command and control systems including weapons, manned or unmanned air vehicles, surface ships, or submarines.
- Experience with conducting Independent Verification and Validation.
- Experience with system / software safety analysis activities related to MIL-STD-882E, AOP-52, MISRA, MDA MAP, or other equivalent standards
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780755Posted: 2020-05-21