At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Mission Ops Trainer who can provide key training developmental knowledge to Northrop Grumman's National Security Space programs. As a trainer, the selected candidate will be required to design and develop training material to support automated scenarios, mission exercises and certification check rides for the customer operations personnel. Other responsibilities include working with the Program Training Lead to identify training needs and develop training plans and curriculum such as reference guides, operational guides and evaluation tools.
The MOPs Trainer will also work with systems engineers to ensure training curriculum and scenarios accurately represent current operational documentation used during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of satellites as well as during execution of primary mission(s). The MOPs Trainer may also support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones. S/he will also be required to interface with program and customer personnel regularly. Occasional shift work may also be required for the position to stay mission proficient on console
Level 5 Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area (and 14+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 12+ years of experience.
- Must possess a current or active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Developing and delivering training plans, classroom training curriculum, classroom material and training aids for technical subjects
- Designing and implementing training scenarios and requirements for training simulations; developing training requirements and operator certification requirements
- Classroom instruction experience
- Planning & execution of real-time spacecraft commissioning activities for commercial, NASA and/or
DoD space missions
- Space System simulator and test bed operations experience
- A basic understanding of space/ground system components and spacecraft subsystems
-Instructional System Design experience- Detailed familiarity with space system operational documentation and procedures development
- Development and testing of real-time executable mission operations procedures and executable scripts
- Space system engineering activities such as requirements management, I&T, architecture, software
development of flight/ground software
- Instructional System Design (ISD) development experience
- CONOPS understanding and familiarization
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) and/or Matlab; Agile development concepts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552780779Posted: 2020-05-21