This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems that keep our world safe. We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems. The position supports Engineering & Sciences organizational goals to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the sector portfolio. This role will help foster the establishment and maintenance of a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
The selected candidate will join the team in a strong matrix organization, collaborating with peers across the organization. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
The candidate will design, develop, and test command and control solutions for a variety of DOD customers and their allies to support the warfighter in the successful execution of the mission and providing protections for the warfighter so they can return safely from execution of their mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
• Apply appropriate best practices, standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
• Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
• Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 2 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 0 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects
• Software development experience in C, C++, C#, Java and/or web-based technologies such as React, Angular, Hibernate, Maven, Gradle and Spring MVC Framework in Linux and/or Windows environment
• Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of sophisticated software systems in stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer use including typical office applications; working familiarity with standard modern engineering development tools and processes
• Experience with configuration management tools.
• US Citizenship is required with ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
• Current Active Secret or Interim Secret Clearance
• Security+, CSSIP or CSSLP certification
• Software development experience in database technologies, ideally Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
• Experience performing in software development teams using Agile or waterfall process and continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
• Experience leading a software development team in a matrix organization
Posting ID: 552780829Posted: 2020-05-21