Duke Primary Care
is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle. Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System-Duke Primary Care
seeks to hire Ambulatory Care Nurses who will embrace our mission ofAdvancing Health Together.Job Description/Summary:
Using telephonic interaction as the mode of communication facilitates callers' access to the appropriate level of care by assessing needs, offering a clinical option, referral to healthcare providers, services, and community resources. Promotes wellness and informed decisions by providing health information, home care advice and prevention concepts. Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates the ability to use the nursing process and independent decision making
• Provides phone triage of patient health status using evidenced-based telehealth protocols
• Evaluates and prioritizes data and implements nursing process
• Acts as a patient advocate by resolution of problems or communication of patient needs and concerns to appropriate resources.
• Responds to patient requests for provider referral and / or health information.
• Provides age-specific patient education as indicated
• Maintains current knowledge base, including triage skills, and appropriate teaching principles for all age groups.
• Demonstrates a positive, concerned, and sensitive response in the work environment
• Interacts with patients, providers, community services and all personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
• Demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social differences.
• Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients, providers, co-workers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EPIC experience preferred
A minimum of 2 years of RN experience preferred
Triage experience preferred Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:Click here for more informationDuke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Careis the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.
Keyword search: Outpatient, Clinic, Triage, RN, Nurse
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: