Johnson Controls is building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. Our commitment to sustainability and our legacy of innovation spans more than a century, dating back to our roots in 1885 and our invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to powering the customer mission and creating greater value for our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings expertise. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration across boundaries. Your work will impact lives around the world. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. Who are we looking for?
At our Madison, AL plant we proudly manufacture pipe and fittings for Fire Suppression Systems that are trusted and installed in buildings worldwide. We employ a diverse group of people, working together to achieve high standards in quality and safety. We are looking for experienced maintenance technicians to contribute to our goals by troubleshooting, installing, rebuilding and/or maintaining various equipment and tools, including: injection molding machines, vacuum systems, and pneumatic cutters. They will also provide general assistance to the plant operations, completing maintenance work orders as assigned. Our ideal candidate possesses a "can-do" outlook, enjoys problem-solving and learning, helping others in a team environment, and working on a variety of tasks. They should possess the following qualifications: Required:
- Two-year degree in related field +3 years' experience, or 2 years of directly related experience working with injection molding machines
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic drawings and/or schematics
- Experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Multi-craft maintenance capabilities
- Ability to work from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts, or verbal instructions
- Ability to safely operate a variety of tools and machines
- Adherence to safety and quality standards, and dedication to reporting and correcting all issues
- Dedication to maintaining a respectful workplace environment
Why work at Johnson Controls in Madison?
- Two-year degree in related field +4 years' experience, or 8 years of directly related experience working with injection molding machines
We focus on maintaining a safe, friendly, and laid-back work environment with emphasis on interdepartmental cooperation. You will enjoy a stable shift schedule with a 3-day weekend every other week. Our staffing plan for the maintenance team is designed to minimize overtime requirements and allows most overtime to be worked during the week. In addition, you receive the following:
- Benefits to include: multiple health, dental, and vision insurance options; employer contributions to Health Savings Account; wellness program discount to premiums; 401(k) match; various employer discounts; generous safety shoe reimbursement; employer provided STD / LTD and Life insurances with option to purchase additional; Employee Assistance Program; tuition reimbursement program.
- 10 company-paid holidays, 40 hours of sick-leave, 3 elective holidays, and a vacation allotment that starts at 10 days and can increase to 20 days.
- Generous compensation, with stepped increases at 6 months and 1 year of employment, at a minimum.
- Opportunities to learn, grow your career, and participate in mentorship of more junior Team Members.
- Encouragement to make suggestions and contribute to overall quality and process management.
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Posting ID: 552780897Posted: 2020-05-21