Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
This position reports to the Fabrication Supervisor, sets up and operates from prints and/or set-up sheets, all spinning lathes, hydraulic presses, pre-heat furnaces, oxygen and equipment, used in the spinning and forming of various sized cartridges and extinguisher shells. The company reserves the right to rotate employees to other departments or work assignments within the organization as needed based upon skill set, production needs, etc.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. This position requires constant and visual coordination, the ability to work from a standing position in a very hot atmosphere for the entire shift. The position requires basic math skills. The employee must have or be able to obtain a valid Tyco forklift license.
1. The employee grinds, sets up and adjusts spinning tools for various spinning operations.
2. This employee moves material by hand and/or via lift truck (into and out of area).
3. The employee performs routing and minor maintenance on applicable spinning and press equipment.
4. This employee checks and adjusts equipment (hydraulic pressure and heat) for the materials to be spun, pierced and formed.
5. The employee spins and forms various sized cartridges and shells, including time delay and stainless steel cartridges.
6. The employee inspects the surface finish visually or with gauges; inspects product to print specifications.
7. The employee stamps steel code numbers and personal code on cartridges.
8. This employee cuts metal tubing to the proper length.
9. The employee also keeps record of material output and material code.
10. The employee performs housekeeping and other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
11. Supporting the training and development of peers within the organization.
12. Immediately shuts down any unsafe processes and locks out equipment as per JCI safety policy.
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt