Machine Operator I must be able to operate and do basic set ups with minimal supervision to perform a variety of machine operations primarily in the hard tool and lights out area to fabricate, cut, shape, and drill or form metal work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards. Must be receive training and certification to run a variety of machines in an area to include but not limited to Brake Press, Turret, Hairpin, Fin Press, Expander, etc. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Knowledgeable in basic set up and operation of metal fabricating machines to cut, bend, and form metal plates, sheets, and structural shapes according to blueprints and specifications. Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, engineering drawings, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, sequence of operations, and material requirements.
- Safety Awareness - Takes responsibility for his or her own safety as well as the safety of others. Understands the proper processes/equipment in the department. Knowledge of JSA's, PPE usage, 5S, and all safety regulations in the facility. Responsible for overall cleanliness of working area.
- Quality - Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisors. Performs first article inspection for conformance to specifications both blue print and work order.
- Teamwork - Builds teamwork by working with other departments, shifts, and management to meet and exceed customer expectations. Communicate regularly and effectively with co-workers, utilities, coordinators, and management and reports problems with safety, quality, processes, equipment, materials, and/or questionable conditions to the Department Supervisor. Displays professionalism in the workplace, able to perform duties during times of stress and pressure.
- Continuous Improvement - Ability to manage time and deliver results. Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions with the understanding of value-added versus non-value added activities and improve the ratio. Ability to collect and understand production data corresponding to the machinery.
- Flexibility. Availability to work overtime and/or move between shifts for training and/or coverage purposes to support production as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer, utilizing software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and ERP systems. Relevant knowledge to look up blueprints, production orders, key parts into inventory, and use the system as a tool to assist in production.
- Must perform operator preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Perform other assignments as directed by management.
Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and 2 years of experience.
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates an attention to detail.
Ability to read, communicate and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints and engineering drawings in the English Language.WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a noisy, dusty, industrial/manufacturing environment, and exposed to non-toxic fumes, chemicals, grease and oils
- Ability to work with machinery and moving parts
- Ability to operate crane, truck, motor vehicles
- Ability to work with moving vehicles, ladders, and scaffolding
- Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
- Ability to properly lift/carry/push/pull/manipulate/transport up to 30 lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, and frequently lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface
- Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, or similar activities
- Ability to reach at high levels
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in the English Language
- Must have the physical strength and ability to frequently work more than 40 hours weekly
This position description is subject to change at any time without prior notice. This position requires the individual to wear the appropriate PPE as determined by management.
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Posting ID: 552780999Posted: 2020-05-21