What you will do
Marine mechanic servicing large tonnage commercial and industrial HVAC equipment for Navy Vessels (military experience not required) .Location:
San Diego, CA Union:
Local 230 Level
: Journeyman level opening
What we look for
1. 5+ years of industrial and/or commercial HVAC mechanical troubleshooting experience.
2. U.S. Citizenship with a valid driver's license
3. Appropriate licenses to work with refrigerants
4. Good verbal and written communication skills
5. Must be DBIDS eligible, register, and be approved for Navy base access.
6. The ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and any other worksite specific badges. (This will involve a background/character, work experience, education, financial/credit and a criminal history records check). Preferred
1. Experience working with large tonnage centrifugal chillers This is a Bargaining Unit (Union) Position.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 680 professionals, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt