L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Optical Alignment Tech - 2nd Class
We are currently seeking an Optical Alignment Tech - 2nd Class
for our Jacksonville, FL
You will demonstrate success by:
- Collecting data using precision leveling equipment/systems, fixtures and equipment for all electrical services aboard ship utilizing blueprints, wiring diagrams and test equipment.
- Reading, interpreting and understanding blueprints, diagrams, sketches and symbols, electrical materials and equipment.
- Setting up and properly operating various alignment equipment (Theodolites, Clinometers, AIDS, TAS, and DIDS) in accordance to prescribed methods.
- Operating equipment to demonstrate either proper function or to analyze discrepancies using data obtained during various stages of the Combat Systems alignment.
- Coordinating efforts with other workers involved in installing and maintaining equipment or components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of where to find the alignment requirements.
- Required to perform other related duties as assigned and fulfill job requirements as directed by management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Trade School for introductory for performance of optical alignment required
- Must possess an understanding of the requirements of SW225-AO-MMA-010/OP762/ALIGN Theory, Theory of Combat System Alignment.
- Must have an understanding of electrical terms, definitions, abbreviations and ships layout and perform work task according to applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Able to demonstrate the difference between different equipment's and being able to use them in different circumstances.
- Familiar with various terms relating to foundation flatness, roller-path, parallelism, and co-planer requirements by reviewing the referenced foundation drawings.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge on centerline transfers, roller-path determinations using sine curves.
- Must be willing and able to carry up to 50 lbs of Alignment equipment from and to various locations throughout the ship.
- Ability to climb both vertical ladders and stairways and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand, kneel, extend overhead for prolong periods of time.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.