If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can shop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana's in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. Our Team Leads are hands-on, getting down and dirty with code on a daily basis. We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure Service Fabric and being a part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable, always available, robust solutions using an Advance programming language such as Java and GoLang.
- Develop loosely coupled object-oriented solutions that are highly testable, modularized, and reusable
- Develop solutions that leverage existing enterprise frameworks, align with the overall enterprise architecture and vision, and are compliant with the established coding standards and other engineering principles
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and the overall direction of Carvana platforms
- Work in a team environment using Agile Project Management (Scrum) and Domain Driven Development
- Participate in all Scrum activities such as creating user stories, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Understand the business requirements and applies solutions that align with the long-term strategies and enterprise architecture goals
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of sprint deliverables
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction to other junior team members
What you should have:
- 6+ years of experience in software development using advanced application languages such as Java or GoLang.
- Gathering end-user requirements, designing, coding, unit testing, providing production bug fixes and operational support for business-critical systems in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Design patterns, Test-driven development and N-Tier architecture.
- Creating next-generation, distributed, scalable, always available, monitoring and telemetry tools.
- Debugging and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems and automating the triage process.
- Working with cross-functional teams to meet delivery goals
- Experience in working with service-oriented application architecture, and the ability to design and develop high performing, scalable, secure and reliable web services
- Working with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
It'd be really cool if you also had:
What we'll offer in return
- Experience in working with a Public/Private Cloud Platform
- Experience in DI containers like Spring
- Experience with NoSQL DBs like Mongo or Couchbase
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with a distributed messaging bus like Kafka
- Experience with distributed stream processing engines like Apache Storm, Apache Flink.
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Posting ID: 552781309Posted: 2020-05-21