At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at ourcompany introduction video.WE'RE LOOKING FOR....
Logistics is the art of problem solving personified. As the Inventory Supervisor, you will ensure that our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do this by leading the Inventory Team Leads, ensuring the team is set up for success and inventory is prepped.SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
I know, I know, you're in logistics, you want more details. You must be prepared to serve as a leader to the Logistics Inventory team and create a high performing culture through coaching and managing operations. This may include:
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Build/maintain a culture of teamwork, safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Oversee all things people including performance coaching and documentation, scheduling, PTO, and attendance of team.
- Responsible for day to day operations execution and optimization; Problem solve to remove barriers to operations.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate company information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Communicate regularly with peers, management, and cross functional teams
- Providing hands-on support where necessary (with inventory teams)
- Document incident reports to ensure detailed and accurate explanation
- Perform job duties during various weather conditions such as rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
This position requires a "can-do" attitude and individual that is interested in Carvana's operations process to deliver our customer experience. Required skills include:"
- Bachelor's degree or equivalency in work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a manager or leadership role
- 1+ years experience in logistics setting, preferably within a fulfillment center or similar field.
- CDL preferred.
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success.
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving.
The Inventory Supervisor will report to Sr. Logistics Manager and will be a salaried full-time position based in Winder. No travel is required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; a majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development