United States of America - West Virginia, MorgantownJob Summary
AECOM is hiring a senior transportation civil engineer in West Virginia to join our transportation civil design team. The position can reside in our Morgantown, West Virginia office or ability to telecommute from other West Virginia locations with occasional travel to the Morgantown office. We are seeking that right person who is client-focused and a talented engineer. We consistently have a variety of transportation projects for our West Virginia office. Our projects range from roadway and bridge design, traffic engineering analysis, design, and studies, and planning studies. There are occasions to be involved with other state transportation projects without traveling. AECOM offices share transportation projects providing opportunities for our engineers to be involved with a range of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the local engineering AECOM team with a centric value to work / life balance.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily perform design and project delivery activities on highway projects including but not limited to development of studies, calculations, plans, specifications and estimate development
- Lead design and plan production efforts while maintaining high quality, meeting schedules and staying on budget
- Lead and mentor junior engineers and CAD designers in engineering design and analysis
- Will be serving as a point of contact between client and team
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues
- BS Civil Engineer
- 8 plus years of working experience in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Roadway, Structural, Traffic, and/or Drainage projects.
- Successful project design team lead experience
- Capable of using a spreadsheet, word processing, and standard office software
- Industry-standard computer software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Technical Writing Skills
What We Offer
- Preferred West Virginia PE license (or the ability to obtain)
- Inroads, Openroads, and/or similar design applications.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Morgantown, WVClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 552781588Posted: 2020-05-21