CACI's Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector, is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator / Platform Engineer to support a large, prime Intelligence contract in Hanover, MD. This program is comprised of complex,mission critical systems that offer huge, unique challenges to Developers and Support Teams!
This position provides opportunities to expand your technical skill base to new areas, including virtual machines, clustering, networking and storage using a variety of operating systems and automation utilities.
What You'll Get to Do:
As the Linux System Administrator/Platform Engineeryou will support a high profile, widely deployed Enterprise Messaging Service that enables critical customer operations.
Youwill perform all facets of datacenter sustainment, to include deployment of Linux operating systems to physical and virtual servers deployed internally and by a multitude of host-system providers. You will deploy systems using system configuration management utilities such a Puppet and Ansible.Additionally, youwill be exposed to planning for and deploying new storage and streaming solutions such as Accumulo and Kafka.
Additional activities include:
- Racking and provisioning servers and networking equipment
- Instituting automated configuration management control and documentation of developed software and hardware configurations.
- Providing implementation support for migration to and configuration of new datacenters (servers, firewalls, KVM and VMWare Virtual Machines, routers, switches, SAN devices)
- Providing and installing maintenance and security patches to all deployed devices.
- Supporting lab-based hardware/servers that host middleware solutions, including loading and maintaining operating systems and application software.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline and 5 years of platform engineering experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- Current TS/SCI Poly clearance
- This position has been designated as CWIP IAT Level 1 and requires one of the following baseline certifications to qualify: A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- Recent experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting RHEL and/or CentOS systems on bare-metal hardware and virtualized environments
- 4 years as a Linux system administrator in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Experience with Red Hat/CentOS Linux and KVM or VMware ESX
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with VMware ESXi and KVM virtualization technologies
- Experience with SAN/NAS from multiple vendors including Oracle, NetApp and Dell
- Experience with implementing controlled management of distributed datacenters, to include versioning of OS and application software
- Experience deploying systems utilizing Ansible
- Knowledgeable in datacenter automation and scripting with Puppet
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining RPM packages
- Proficient in creating and improving shell scripts
- Experience with RHCS and Pacemaker clustering technologies
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment and Sidewinder firewalls
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory
- Security+ and Linux OS certifications
- CCNA or CCNP certified
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
BITS3 Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.