- Job Description
BITS,a CACI Company,offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are currently seeking a talented Systems Support Engineer Tier 1/2 to support a contract in our Sterling, Virginia office. Under direct supervision, you will be responsible for technical systems support for a mission essential software system deployed to numerous networks at varying security levels. You will also be responsible for technical user support to diverse user groups across the IC and DoD, to include analysts, policymakers, watch floor operators and warfighters. If you are a motivated, outgoing individual who desires to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, providing user and operations support for one of the fastest growing, most popular software applications within the IC and DoD, CACI would like to speak with you. You will be rewarded with:
Enduring relationships with users across the globe and daily affirmation that your software and support is critical to mission success!
- A job that has one of the best benefits plans in the industry,
- A casual, modern work environment (lose the suit and tie) with a perfect work/life balance,
- A friendly, collaborative team environment (team lunches, BBQs, outings),
- A daily view into high-profile world events,
What You'll Get to Do:
More About this Role:
- User and Operational Support for a mission critical software application (Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm EDT/EST, occasional off-hours support, shared with entire team)
- Provide first and second level support for inbound incidents and Service Requests
- Provide frontline chat, phone and email support related to system and application issues
- Properly document interactions in the Jira ticket tracking system, escalating issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, sustain currency of work instructions and related process changes
- Diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze problems utilizing historical database records and online SOP's
- Maintain and update records, tracking databases, procedures, how to articles, and software license records
- High comfort level working with technology at a fast pace
- The ability to multi-task, specifically focused with creating support tickets in a web-based Jira tool and troubleshoot while helping with users
- Ability to quickly route issues according to issue type and severity
- Good communication skills over the phone, via chat, or via email (polite, good listener, able to dissect customer descriptions into root problems to begin troubleshooting)
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems
- Resolve technical problems and answer queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems
- May route calls to product line specialists
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Daytime Systems Support Service Desk is provided on a 9 hours per day, 5 days a week basis. "On-call" or extended support may be required during emergency situations.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited University preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college; or 10 years of systems support or help desk experience without a degree
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ability to document, research, identify and solve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution
- Must be able to support and troubleshoot across multiple networks, all with their unique set of requirements, users, environments and rules
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution, making independent decisions by performing question/problem diagnosis in a Service Desk environment
- Ability to document, research, identify and attempt to resolve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution
- Ability to utilize customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, applications/systems, functionality, and training on software and/or hardware products as it relates to customer's environment
What We can Offer You:
- Security+ Certification
- Familiarity with Linux environments and commands
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, tools, and environments
- Experience with Systems Engineering and/or Help Desk Ticketing systems
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
Seasoned technical individual contributor
Works independently with limited supervision
May manage projects / processes
Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals
Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex
Influences others regarding system design, solutions, and procedures
Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results. Works independently under limited supervision. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
Innovation & Complexity:
Responsible for developing technical solutions that may require collaboration with internal expertise and deep analysis of the technical system.
Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of broader set of issues. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
Communication & Influence:
Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. May have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Management:
Typically, responsible for running small technical teams to include providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May lead projects at this level, requiring responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
Knowledge & Experience:
Requires advanced understanding and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, and technical concepts obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 552781665Posted: 2020-05-21