Job DescriptionPrimary Purpose:
Support the design of photonic hardware.
- Under limited direction design the packaging for complex subsystems with photonic, optoelectronic, electrical, and mechanical elements for R&D and production programs for U.S. government customers.
- Design and analyze the packaging of complex subsystems using software tools. Perform thermal and structural analyses to ensure that the subsystem design meets requirements in its intended environment.
- Produce build-to drawings and data packages and collaborate with and manage 3rd party vendors to resolve specification, performance, and reliability issues and realize the commercial and custom-machined parts necessary to build the subsystem.
- Lead the effort to transition the design into limited volume production, including development of assembly processes and writing of build procedures.
- Collaborate with hardware designers to jointly optimize circuit card layout.
- May lead a team of other designers and engineering professionals
- May directly supervise lab technicians
- Proficient use of computer-aided design and analysis software, with SolidWorks strongly preferred. Working knowledge of finite element modeling.
- Experience in the design of complex subsystems with photonic, optoelectronic, electrical, and mechanical elements.
- Experience in electronic subassembly layout including board physical design, chassis or enclosure design, optical fiber routing, and electrical and optical connector selection.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience in the design of high-power optical fiber amplifiers and transmitters.
- Experience in the design of hardware to military and space design standards and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in environmental testing to MIL-STD or equivalent industrial test levels, including shock, vibration, thermal, and EMI/EMC.
- BA in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Master's degree preferred
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 552781699Posted: 2020-05-21