The Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program's mission is to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving and is responsible for enhancing the security, resilience, and reliability of the Nation's cyber and communications infrastructure. The CDM Program defends the United States (U.S.) Federal Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks. This program is managed within the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C)/Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division.
Do other so called "Technical jobs" bore you, technically speaking?
Not enough challenge?
Not enough say in how things should be done?
Then you need to respond to this... What You'll Get to Do:
On our team, you'll be responsible for integrating complex technical solutions using many different technologies to enhance and evolve the Cyber Security mission at DHS and its 14 "component agencies".
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with cutting-edge cybersecurity tools in dev, test and production environments, contributing to the defense and protection of numerous systems, devices and customer data. You won't be living in a confined stovepipe or swim-lane. Flexibility and adaptability are ways of life here on the CDM team, so if you are comfortable breaking out of the mold and have a passion for learning new technologies, this position may be exactly what you are looking for.
Although this is a high-pace environment, be assured you'd be joining a high-tech, people-oriented team and overall community that's just as flexible as we're hoping you to be. More About the Role:
Have you created a Cloud Infrastructure to full federal standards and ATO certification? What are you waiting for - apply!
- Bluntly, we are looking for a highly adaptable, highly technical "Jack of all Trades".
- Upbeat, fun personalities will become part of the high-tech team that is already there to support you - as you help to support them.
- Not looking for subject matter expert (SME) or narrow-focused skills with any particular software/hardware - you need to be, well, an IT Engineer.
- A desire to learn (curious), who can pick up concepts quickly and can prove "above the ordinary" technical knowledge/skills, will go a long way in this role.
- At this time, we are focusing on candidates with Azure Cloud infrastructure implementation and infrastructure Security (Cybersecurity) experience. If you are an expert in all these areas variations, perfect; however, do not think that this job isn't for you. We probably have a place for you too.
- Familiarity with common cybersecurity tools is greatly desired. Our mission to support DHS in their cybersecurity needs, inclusive of identifying and preventing culprits from accessing systems/data that they shouldn't is a high priority focus for our team.
Remember that key word - Curiosity!
- The ability to communicate well with both "techies" and "non-techies" in-order-to share knowledge and insight is a must. Technical team discussions can happen anywhere, plus with possible impromptu interactions with customers - you're an upbeat personality and strong communication skills (especially on dry-erase boards) will stand-out. Those who can "talk the talk" to both groups in an effective manner will excel in delivering CDM's objectives and overall mission.
- We are seeking someone who can work independently or on very small teams to integrate systems and solutions, triage issues, and prioritize tasks.
- In your specific integration lab, you might find yourself provisioning, installing, configuring, "being a detective", and other things on multiple network device types on both public and private VM and hardware infrastructures.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Break out the creativity! We need someone who will be able to create and manage all sorts of technical solutions. Grasping an in-depth understanding of content as well as being able to (in some cases) produce your own, usually with the help and laughter of a supportive co-working team.
- We will need individuals in this role to provide technical cross-training/coaching to more junior colleagues in-order-to convey concepts and to provide any guidance needed.
- Your voice matters! The individual filling this position will need to provide valued input into CDM and DHS processes and procedure to ensure others who follow in your footsteps have a clear, easy to follow path toward implementation successes.
The Key to this section is just that love to know: "Why Things Work"
- US Citizenship required
- There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, for continued employment, you must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be clearable to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entrance on Duty (EOD) authorization.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Strong experience with customer interactions, including presenting, answering questions, proactively resolving issues.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong experience installing and configuring COTS software applications.
- Strong experience with securing systems following STIGs, best practices, and government/compliance requirements (NIST 800-53, FISMA, etc.), and negotiating/working-with IA personnel to arrive at sensible and effective solutions.
- In-depth system admin level understanding of Windows and/or Linux environments (MCSE or RHCE equivalence).
- Experience with ServiceNow, Azure DevOps, Azure Boards, Azure Pipelines and Azure Repos (You will be expected to be expert level on these things soon and fast).
- Experience creating and analyzing PowerShell, Ansible, Bash, JAVA based, YAML and/or Python scripts - basically you need to know how to connect things for automation needs.
- Experience with enhance data protection and compliance. (e.g. OpenSSL, Keystores, Azure Key Vault, etc.).
- Relevant Technical and/or Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA-Security, etc.).
- University Degree (BS), or equivalent years of related experience, and additionally 7+ years of related IT engineering experience required.
- One (1) of the following certifications (you must have walking in or is required within 6 weeks of hire): Azure DevOps Engineering Expert, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Security Engineer Associate.
- Within normal CACI policies, CACI may be able to provide access to most of the CBTs needed as well as reimburse for exams fees. (we can discuss how you get this more in detail when you interview or start).
What We Can Offer You:
- Active DoD clearance preferred, but not required.
- Some experience with any or all of these products or technologies: MS SQL, Red Hat Satellite, Nagios, McAfee ePO, Tanium, IPSEC, ForeScout, CyberArk, Layer7 PAM, SailPoint, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Splunk, AMQP (RabbitMQ), Nessus suit, Swimlane, Qualys, SCCM, BigFix, MDM solutions, JIRA, GIT (again, nice to have, not required).
- Strong experience integrating and troubleshooting systems in a Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred).
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject area.
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CDMHP Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.